Promote peace through the respect we show, understanding we foster and cooperation we seek with our Sister Cities around the world - one individual, one community at a time.
Alameda Sister Cities Association (ASCA) strives to foster a continuing reciprocal relationship between the people of Alameda and our Sister Cities. To that end, Sister Cities International (SCI) promotes, fosters, and publicizes local, state, and national programs of international municipal cooperation. Likewise, SCI encourages other organizations to engage and participate in such programs, and to promote friendly relations and mutual understanding.
ASCA is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to global friendship, multicultural understanding, and economic growth by developing lasting relationships between the Alameda area and Sister Cities around the world. ASCA's mission is to build our community as an international citizen diplomacy network. We believe in establishing people-to-people connections with our citizens and sister cities.
* Create opportunities for Alameda and Sister City citizens to work together
* Develop municipal partnerships between Alameda and its Sister Cities.
* Stimulate exchanges and projects in the areas of professional economic
development, education, community initiatives, arts and culture, medicine, tourism,
* Promote public awareness of our Sister Cities through community outreach and
* Collaborate with local international organizations with similar goals.
Want to learn more about the city of Alameda? Click here to enjoy a video describing the city.
Visit our Facebook page for photos and more information.